Thank you for your interest in supporting our youth and young adults with an in-kind donation. The Relatives relies on the generosity of people just like you to help supply the young people we serve with basic necessities.
Every young person served by The Relatives is treated with dignity and compassion. To ensure their needs are appropriately met, please review our in-kind donation guidelines below:
- If you would not give the items you are interested in donating to a young person in your life, then please reconsider donating them to the young people served by The Relatives
- The Relatives serves youth and young adults ages 7-24. Please ensure donated items are age-appropriate
- Please ensure clothing items are gently used, wearable, and age-appropriate
- While we can accept items contained in garbage bags, we prefer reusable shopping bags as our young adults often use these to transport items
- You can also visit our Amazon Needs List to purchase much-needed items
- The Youth Crisis Center is an emergency shelter serving youth ages 7-17 and needs:
- Children’s Clothing, Children’s Shoes, African American Hair-Care Products, Books, Toys, and Board Games
- The On Ramp Resource Center serves young adults ages 16-24 and needs:
- Interview Attire, Slip-Resistant Shoes, Underwear, and Towels
- The Relatives Housing Program serves young adults ages 18-24 and needs:
- Gently used household items
- Many of the young adults served at the On Ramp Resource Center are parenting youth and need:
- Diapers (sizes 3,4, and 5), Wipes, and Formula
Donation Drop-Off Hours:
9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Donation Drop-Off Location:
Interested in dropping off items at the Crisis Center located at 1100 East Blvd.? Please call 704-377-0602 before your visit.
Please do not leave donated items outdoors after hours.
If the hours and location listed above are not convenient for you or if you have questions about an item you would like to donate, then please contact Redia Baxter at email@example.com or 704-501-8258
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept the following items:
- Used Undergarments
- DVDs and Video Games
- Used Bedding
- Exercise Equipment
- Household items in poor condition
- Bulky Items
*Special considerations may be made depending on the needs of our Housing Program participants
Just because The Relatives cannot use a particular item, doesn’t mean there aren’t other local organizations in need of your in-kind donation. For more information on area non-profits please visit:
Many of the young adults enrolled in our Housing Program, receive furniture for their new homes from Furnish For Good. If you would like to support young adults working towards stability through a furniture donation, then please visit: https://furnishforgood.org/